LostOrbit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LostOrbit

A D6 Space Campaign

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone Empty
PostSubject: D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone   D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:18 pm

D.A.V.I.D.
D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone Mark2-D2_zpsc0448765
Race: None, T.A.F. Robot
Height: 5'9
Weight: 200 pounds
Description: This blue shelled robot is inlined with silver metallic parts. It's glowing eyes glitter from its internal light source.
Quote: "Did you know the Ullitor word for battle is Egoth, which is also their word for life?"

When the T.A.F. decided they wanted to produce a robot with an advanced AI, there were warnings against it. Prometheus Enterprises had already been burned by their bionic androids years previous, and few Terrans trusted an artificial intelligence that was able to think for itself. However, the T.A.F. insisted that a droid who could match their request was necessary for a new T.A.F. exploration program, and so the EA-1 Scout Robot was born. The EA-1 is a special type of droid (only 10 have been manufactured) which specializes in cultural and galactic data processing. It also is very capable of adapting to new planetary environments, making the robot ideal for voyaging assignments.

Yet, it is not the EA-1’s mental or physical qualities that make it unique, but it’s S.O.U.L. that makes the robot irreplaceable. S.O.U.L. (Separable Operating Unit  Logics),is an advanced computer capable of being removed from the robot’s shell and implanted into most any other type of robotics. Though it takes outside assistance to install the S.O.U.L. device, having a unit with a mobile intelligence makes for an efficient way to assist travelers with any needs they might have (from having the robot installed in their ground vehicle to inputting it into an abandoned computer so it can learn what may have happened to its owners). While the EA-1 is still being tested on the field, T.A.F. designers have high hopes for the robot, eager to see if it can enhance the way explorers perform.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:16 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://lostorbit.rpg-board.net
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone   D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 2:54 am

The EA-1 Drone
D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone EA1_zpsb5dde49b
Designed by Hexisan developers and manufactured by T.A.F. Engineers, the EA-1 Robot is the Terran Allied Forces' response to a request for an assistant who can learn on his own, not just intellectually, but socially as well. Currently, only ten of these AI bots are in working order, each with their own individual tasks and assignments. While the EA-1 Drone is standard compared to many robots as far as physical anatomy, its capability to learn and enhance mentally make it far more valuable. In addition, the EA-1's special ability to transplant their own removable hard drive (S.O.U.L.) makes the robot one of the most valuable droid pieces of equipment that the T.A.F. has ever manufactured.

Robots currently in cycle (differentiated by individual color)
Black: S.E.A.N. "Service Engineer Assistant Neo-Bot": Earth bound Robot who repairs complex engineer needs for upper class citizens
White: C.O.L.E. "Coordinating Occupation Linguistics Educator" Manages translation department for T.A.F. on Earth's Moon
Gray:  A.D.A.M. "Assault Droid And Medic" Front line military medic attached to Unit 21 of the T.A.F. Infantry
Red: M.A.R.I. (pronounced Mary) "Medical Assistance Robot Instructor" Teaches doctors how to treat patients on Earth's Moon
Yellow: R.A.Y. "Robotic Architectural Yielder" Supervises high profile construction jobs on Earth
Blue: D.A.V.I.D. "Developemental Adaptation Versatility Integration Drone" Exploration & Scout drone working for Galactic Marshals Service
Green: R.O.D. "Robotic Operating Doctor" Former Surgeon on Earth's moon before his mysterious disappearance
Orange:  C.O.W.D.E. (pronounced Codie) "Combat Orientated Warrior Drone Expert" Battle Bot stationed on Jupiter's moon Europa
Purple: D.A.N. "Droid Accumen Negotiator" Terrorist negotiator based on Earth
Brown:  O.M.A.R. "Outdoor Military Assignment Robot" Survival soldier robot assigned to hostile exploration assignments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EA-1 In-Game Stats:
Cost:0

AGLITY 1D-5D
STRENGTH 1D-4D
KNOWLEDGE 1D-6D
MECHANICAL 1D-5D
PERCEPTION 1D-5D
TECHNICAL 1D-5D
METAPHYSICS 0D-XD

Positive/Negative Qualities:

Achilles’ Heel (R4)
Inability to Swim

Achilles’ Heel (R4)
Unable to Heal Naturally

Cultural Unfamiliarity (R2)
The character is of a culture almost totally different from the “mainstream” he operates in. The character should constantly make mistakes and social gaffs. All attempts at streetwise or similar “getting around town” skills should have +6 to the difficulty (at least). In addition, the character should probably have trouble with the native language (he could even take the Disadvantage Language Problems). Restrictions/Notes: The rules are the same as for Cultural Unfamiliarity
(R1).

Debt (R3)
The character owes almost everything to someone or something. In the case of worldly goods, the character must turn over nearly everything to the “lender” at the end of an adventure — the character must “borrow” these things back at the beginning of the next adventure. And it is up to the gamemaster what the “lender” gives back. In most cases, this means the character is either Employed or under some similar sort of restriction.
Example: Your character might belong to a particularly strict cult or religion. She has to tithe all worldly goods (or, at least, a large portion of worldly goods) to the cult after every adventure. If she does not, she would be cast out — a fate she would not enjoy — or even hunted and killed. At the beginning of each adventure, the character must beg and persuade whoever is in charge to let her have any goods she needs.

Restrictions/Notes: Debt (R3) is so wide-sweeping that players may not usually combine in it with the lower versions or link to individual Advantages unless the player and the gamemaster are particularly inventive. A character with Debt (R3) might “owe” the possession of a Rank 3 or Rank 4 Advantage to a particular source (a character might have received Equipment from a multiple-system-spanning megacorporation source) and have to pay some sort of tithe (a sacrifice, all the money the character obtains, etc.) to get the use of the Advantage.

Devotion (R3)
At this rank, the character’s belief in the cause motivates almost all his actions. The character would willingly die for his belief.

Employed (R3)
The character is, essentially, a slave. This does not mean the character is poor or without means — just without free choice. The character does virtually everything because he must. For example, a character might be the head of a large corporation. But the only way things get done is for the character to do them or be there to oversee their getting done. Adventures only occur when they are
in direct concordance with the interests of the “employer.” In all other ways, this Disadvantage is like its lower rank versions. Restrictions/Notes: See Employed under the other ranks.

Prejudice (R2)
The minority group the character belongs to is oppressed. The character experiences disparity virtually every day. While other
characters of the same minority group may not actually experience this prejudice (that is, they didn’t select this option), it is probably
because they aren’t in positions where this discrimination can be easily
practiced.

Restrictions/Notes: The character often experiences discrimination, and most interactions are performed at a +3 to +6 to the difficulty.
This prejudice should be roleplayed at every opportunity. However, gamemasters and players should only use this Disadvantage when
both sides are comfortable with using it in a pretend situation (seePrejudice (R1) for more information)

Ambidextrous (2)
The character is equally adept with her right or left hand. She may perform an action with each hand in the same round, and, though she takes the multi-action penalty, she receives a +1 per rank to each skill total. The actions must involve the hands and each action must require only one hand. If the character performs only one hand-related action in a round, she does not get the bonus. Some skills that characters could employ with either hand include brawling, sleight of hand, firearms, throwing, lift, artist, forgery, and the map-making aspect of navigation, though, of course, not every task covered by each skill is relevant. A character may take multiple ranks of this Special Ability for two pairs of hands and multiple ranks for each additional manipulative limb.

Atmospheric Tolerance (2) Space
The character can breathe one form of atmosphere (gas or liquid) that would be lethal to most other characters. A character may not have more than one rank in this ability, but he may have different versions for different atmospheres.

Atmospheric Tolerance (2) Liquid Environments
The character can breathe one form of atmosphere (gas or liquid) that would be lethal to most other characters. A character may not have more than one rank in this ability, but he may have different versions for different atmospheres.

Infravision and Ultravision (2)
The character gains the ability to see in the dark using either infravision or ultravision. Infravision allows the character to see changes in heat, while ultravision enables the character to make the most of the available light. Each provides a +2 per rank in a single version of this Special Ability to sight-based rolls while in dim or dark conditions. Obviously, extreme heat or bright light (including daylight) prevent this Special Ability from working.

Immortality (S.O.U.L.) (7)
The character is immortal, though she will grow older, at a decreased pace compared to the rest of her species. Ifshe is reduced to zero Body Points, she doesn’t die. She will not go unconscious or bleed to death (as mortally wounded characters do), but she will not
heal without psionic or similar special aid or the Accelerated Healing Special Ability — her arms could be blown off, her abdomen eviscerated, or whatever. She may perform only the most minimal of physical actions, such as squirming, and some actions may be impossible. She may rely on her Agility for initiative purposes only. There should be one particular set of circumstances whereby the
character will die forever. These sets of circumstances should not be too unusual — killed directly by an Extranormal blast, drowning
decapitation, and so on are all good examples. A character may not have this ability more than once.

Full Robotic Possession (S.O.U.L.) (4)
The character can possess the Mechanical forms of Vehicles, Exoskeletons, Droids, and Ships. This works in the same way as Limited Possession, save that the possessing character gains her new form’s physical attributes (Agility, Mechanical, Strength), but retains his/her own Extranormal and mental attributes (Knowledge, Perception, and Technical), while gaining complete control over the new form. This includes the newly possessed form's Agility, Mechanical, Strength skills as well. Installment is based off of many factors (see repair skill limits).

Sense of Direction (2)
The character has a good sense of direction. He gains +1D per rank to navigation and search rolls.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone   D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 1:44 am

D.A.V.I.D., March 30th, 2525
D.A.V.I.D. is slowly developing his own concept of the universe. He's continually tried to learn how to be compassionate, understanding, and patient, while not giving up his inquisitive nature. D.A.V.I.D. has had a long distance relationship with a fellow EA-1 Droid named M.A.R.Y. and a complicated friendship with a crew member named Dixie McCoy. D.A.V.I.D. is excellent ranged support in a fire fight and an essential academic tool for compiling information as well as navigating through interstellar space.

Major Accomplishments: Assisting in the warrants of Alvaro Tavares, Tartok “The Crusher” Deniigi, Regina Carver, and Captain Bothvar Haklang

Champion of the New Helsinki (Gliese) robot tournament, which earned the Toy Maker's creation, the R-11 “Ramesses” Combat Robot.

Misdeeds/Errors: Has had major issues with knowing when to remain quiet or reserved, particularly when his good companion, Dixie McCoy, had initially been sexually assaulted on "The Cry of Atlantis".

Current Plot: D.A.V.I.D., a.k.a. Blue, has been developing into an individual personality by learning more about Terran interaction. While he's still at a crossroad as far as what type of A.I. he'll end up becoming, he's begun to grasp humanity and morals within his four months on the Steel Witch.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone   D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 6:12 pm

UPGRADES
After defeating the Toy Maker’s wardens, the crew of the Steel Witch was able to salvage key materials and devices perfected by the Toy Maker’s hands. One such item, Titanium 7, was stripped off of the guardian known as Rumpelstiltskin. This powerful coating is enough to absorb extreme amounts of energy. Along with the protective upgrade, the crew was able to salvage a potent jet pack which can be installed in power suits or robots. This combination of durable Titanium and robust thrusters has made D.A.V.I.D. both impenetrable and mobile.

D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone BIGBLUE_zps1376d8a6

Last edited by Admin on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone   D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 9:30 am

D.A.V.I.D. UPGRADE UPDATE
D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone DAVID_zps7fae0280
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone   D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 12:49 pm

October 18th, 2525 AD, Hades System

While on a voyage in order to help prove the innocence of Captain Garrett Weller, D.A.V.I.D. comes across an opportunity to upgrade his systems.

+1D to KNOWLEDGE Attribute

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone   D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 9:29 am

"The Key" Robotic Alloy Regeneration

Cost: N/A, Earned Through Role Playing
Duration: 1 action to activate, 1 full round to complete
Special: Can be used once per day

Through psionically programmed microcells, the robot is able to mend metal alloys that are freshly damaged.
This is a strenuous act that takes a short but demanding amount of energy from the robot's power cells.

Rules: Once damaged, the robot may elect to activate Robotic Alloy Regeneration on their turn. Firstly, the user must spend an action to activate. The user then rolls their Stamina (or default to Strength). Afterwards, the robot divides this roll by 2 (like regeneration). This is the amount that the robot will potentially repair. This healing takes one full round to complete and is not applied until the character's next turn.

Special: Unlike medical healing or Vitakinesis, Robotic Alloy Regeneration is not disrupted by additional damage or distracting actions. The robot can attain additional damage throughout the initial activation round, which can be healed during the completion stage so long as the damage is not enough to destroy the robot. Even then, if a robot goes into the negatives, so long as the heal can pull them into a positive number in the following healed-round, they do not become destroyed.
D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone Image10
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone   D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 11:21 pm

THANATOS 10 (Than-uh-Tows) Exoskeleton
D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone SuperRobo_zps107fa8ab

AGILITY 5D
Acrobatics 7D, Brawling 7D, Dodge 7D, Energy Weapons 5D+1 {Hexisan Guided Plasma Pistol +1D}, Flying/O-G 5D+1, Melee 6D, Running 7D

STRENGTH 2D
Lift 3D, Climb/Jump 3D+1 (Wall Climbing 5D+1), Stamina 3D+1

MECHANICAL 3D
Comm 3D+1, Gunnery 3D+1, Navigation 3D+1, Piloting 3D+1, Sensors 3D+1, Shields 3D+1, Vehicle Operations 3D+1

MOVE: 20

BODY POINTS:50
Stunned (80-60%) -
Wounded (59-40%) -
Severely Wounded (39-20%)-
Incapacitated (19-10%) 9-5
Mortally Wounded (9-1%)4-1
Dead: 0

ADVANTAGES/
Unbreakable Edifice [R3, Cost 6]: Robot Character maxes out their body points and does not suffer wound penalties until Incapacitated
Atmospheric Tolerance [2]: Space
Atmospheric Tolerance [2]: Liquid
Ultravision/Infravision [2]
Sonar [2]
Improved Magnetic Climbing Hands/Feet: Can move at full movement when climbing metal floors, walls and ceilings
Ambidextrous [2] Can perform w/ both hand, +1 to skills w/ hand coordination
Hypermovement [1 per rank, 5 ranks] +10 to movement
Fast Reactions [3] +1D per rank to Perception for initiative +1 extra action for a round three times per adventure

DISADVANTAGES
Prejudice [R2] Robots
Robot Algorithm: Any default skill attempts are done so with a +7 Difficulty

EQUIPMENT
Installed Right Hand: Guided Plasma Pistol (Hexisan): 6D--Ammo 30---Range 10/25/50 +1D to energy weapons, Internal Databand, Installed Heavy Security Armor +2D to all damage resistance rolls
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone   D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 10:40 am

D.A.V.I.D.’s EA-1 Robots
D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone D.A.V.I.D.s%20Army_zpsxvu5xzng

AGLITY 3D
Brawling 4D, Dodge 4D, Energy Weapons 5D (Rifles 6D), Flying/0-G 3D+2, Melee Combat 4D, Missile Weapons 4D, Running 3D+2, Throwing 3D+2

STRENGTH 3D
Climb/Jump 3D+2, Lift 5D, Stamina 5D

MECHANICAL 3D
Comm 4D, Navigation 4D+2, Sensors 4D, Vehicle Operations 4D

MOVE: 10
BODY POINTS 31
Stunned: 18-24
Wounded 12-17
Severely Wounded 6-11
Incapacitated 3-5
Mortally Wounded 1-2
Dead 0

Positive/Negative Qualities:

Achilles’ Heel (R4)
Inability to Swim

Achilles’ Heel (R4)
Unable to Heal Naturally

Prejudice (R2)
The minority group the character belongs to is oppressed. The character experiences disparity virtually every day.

Ambidextrous (2)
The character is equally adept with her right or left hand. She may perform an action with each hand in the same round, and, though she takes the multi-action penalty, she receives a +1 per rank to each skill total. The actions must involve the hands and each action must require only one hand. If the character performs only one hand-related action in a round, she does not get the bonus. Some skills that characters could employ with either hand include brawling, sleight of hand, firearms, throwing, lift, artist, forgery, and the map-making aspect of navigation, though, of course, not every task covered by each skill is relevant. A character may take multiple ranks of this Special Ability for two pairs of hands and multiple ranks for each additional manipulative limb.

Atmospheric Tolerance (2) Space

Atmospheric Tolerance (2) Liquid Environments

Infravision and Ultravision (2)
The character gains the ability to see in the dark using either infravision or ultravision. Infravision allows the character to see changes in heat, while ultravision enables the character to make the most of the available light. Each provides a +2 per rank in a single version of this Special Ability to sight-based rolls while in dim or dark conditions. Obviously, extreme heat or bright light (including daylight) prevent this Special Ability from working.

Sense of Direction (2)
The character has a good sense of direction. He gains +1D per rank to navigation and search rolls.

Natural Armor +2D Star Metal Armor

One of Many If a S.O.U.L. is placed into the special advanced computer that the EA-1’s were stored in, that A.I. would have full control of all EA-1 Robots

EQUIPMENT
Plasma Rifle: DAMAGE: 6D+1 AMMO: 50 SHORT: 25 MEDIUM (+5): 150 LONG (+10): 300, 5 Extra Plasma Cells (special outside holsters created in legs)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone   D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D.A.V.I.D.: Exploration Drone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LostOrbit :: The Crew :: The Crew-
Jump to: