LostOrbit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LostOrbit

A D6 Space Campaign

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spencer "Spence" Belcathias (Deceased)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Spencer "Spence" Belcathias (Deceased) Empty
PostSubject: Spencer "Spence" Belcathias (Deceased)   Spencer "Spence" Belcathias (Deceased) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 1:56 pm

Name: Spencer “Spence” Belcathias

Race: Sollin

Quote: “Do not argue with idiots. We will drag you down to our level and beat you with experience.”

Appearance: Tall and lanky with bags under his eyes, but wry grin on his face. He smells of disinfectant and coffee. Spencer is usually wearing either a pearl lab coat that drapes over his favorite heavy metal t-shirt and military cargo pants or his self-decorated light armors. He tends to carry a light plasma pistol on his side and a knife inside his combat boots. He’s always willing to help and takes well to orders. Spencer is also narcoleptic, sleeping for only a few hours a day. He’s slightly addicted to caffeine and other stimulants which can make him a bit twitchy at times.

Character Traits: Some say Spence can’t stay quiet for more than a few minutes. He’s clever and amusing, but can get on less patient people’s nerves. He’s very curious which also has made him quite knowledgeable. However, as well-informed as he can be about certain subjects, he never tends to show it off unless challenged.

Spencer “Spence” Belcathias is a Sollin T.A.F. medic, technical guru and humorist. He was born in an industrial town of Jasper, located within Helios 13’s central hemisphere where he and his mother struggled to make ends meat. Spence never knew his father, who died in the magma mines when Spencer was just a little boy. His mother suffered from respiratory issues, living off of T.A.F. medical benefits and leaving very little capital for Spencer to grow up on. He would collect mechanical gadgets on the side, scrapping or repairing them for money. Luckily, the boy’s circumstances only strengthened his wit, and his clownish personality helped make him friends in school, easing his tough upbringing.

At the age of eighteen, with little left to look forward to on Helios 13, Spencer enlisted in the T.A.F. Infantry. Once again, his sense of humor helped him manage the demanding conditions, and soon, he was one of the favorites within his battalion. Fortunately, his superiors noticed that not only did Spencer deal well with others, but he was technologically gifted. They hoped that the Infantryman’s skills would transition into the health field, as 1st-Responder medics were in high demand. After proposing the idea to Spencer, it only took a few days before the Sollin was ready to volunteer for the medic academy. After a vigorous nine-month training, Spencer finally earned his Red-Cross badge and was attached to his old unit for duty once again.

The troop’s first task was to help secure a perilous, newly discovered planet called Callthag for T.A.F. scientists. Callthag was filled with acidic storms, violent earth quakes and ferocious wildlife. The campaign proved to be more dangerous than expected and Spencer kept very busy treating T.A.F. staff. Regrettably, it wouldn’t take long for Spencer himself would become injured, falling into a pit during a Callthag Giant Spider raid. Spencer’s injuries were quite severe, meriting him months off in injury reserve. After his first few months of rest, Spencer felt he was ready to return and became excited to rejoin his comrades. Unfortunately, T.A.F. evaluators felt differently, denying his request to join his old team before they were deployed to an anit-pirate mission off of the shores of Hades. This caused Spencer to become depressed, and soon the Sollin Medic was writing to every superior he knew to help petition his grounded state.

While Spencer is waiting for his papers to clear, he’s also studying further in order to become a doctor. He’s an adventurous character by nature, who loves being active. When not at work, Spencer can be found studying for his medical degree, watching old comedies on the holo-projector or working on computers while listening to his favorite heavy metal bands. He’s a bit of a night owl, but doesn’t let it affect any morning duties. Spence is quick to joke and is sometimes guilty of not knowing when to keep quiet.
Spencer "Spence" Belcathias (Deceased) Solinmedic

Last edited by Admin on Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://lostorbit.rpg-board.net
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spencer "Spence" Belcathias (Deceased)   Spencer "Spence" Belcathias (Deceased) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:19 am

Spence's Log
Spencer "Spence" Belcathias (Deceased) SpencersLab_zpsc73717e0
I'd always been under the assumption that there was more in store for me than just being a field medic. Like a good heavy metal beat, you have to slowly build up the tempo before laying down a fierce climactic guitar solo. So when I was offered a chance to travel with a rookie Space Marshal and his band of rough riders, you know I was going to jump at the chance. It was my time to strum the strings in the spotlight.

The first couple of weeks were a bit rough. We honestly didn't know what we were doing. I didn't care much though. Anything beat the T.A.F. mental ward. However, as we started to work together more, like anything, we really became something special. Alone, we were a bunch of ex-criminals and lackies, but together, we were a force to be reckoned with. We started putting away bad guys like it was nothing. Within our first two months of travel, we'd stopped several big time maniacs from continuing their murder sprees.

As dangerous as it was, I loved it. I was being valued for my skills as a medic, technician, and support soldier, instead of being labeled as some nut bag who couldn't fall asleep if you hit him with a frying pan. Before long, I wasn't just some hard core deputy for the Milky Way, but a Solin studying to become a full fledge doctor. You see, there's a lot of travel involved in Space Marshaling, and that comes time to study. Luckily, I was given the ship's sick bay as my office, an added bonus to being part of the crew. Because of such generosity, I'll have gone from under privilege Solin scum to well respect deputy-doctor. Pretty neat, huh?

So, together we go, to-and-fro, throughout the reaches of the Milky Way, making things right. The Captain, and Space Marshal in charge, is a cool enough guy. He's young, but a fierce son-of-a-bitch, with reflexes that have helped us out of a number of fire fights and space battles. His first mate, a sexy little vixen named Peyton, is kind of secretive, but also a great person to talk to. She's funny, dark, and really intuitive. It's kind of scary.

Our support crew isn't anything run of the mill either. We have a few aliens from Hexisan who are more out of this world than their passports. There's a young Altarian kid whose the son of some great Psychic from their galaxy. He's taken on his father's talents and can make some crazy things happen if he wills it. The other Hexisan is a Novacon warrior-mechanic (don't ask me how that makes sense, it's just what he says). He's a quick little guy whose spent his entire life honing the skills of his martial equipment. Fenrir, as we call him, is a quiet, introspective Balidar whose nasty in a fist fight. The guy runs around climbing walls like he's an action hero or something. He's pretty smart too.

Finally, we have some other Terrans that round out the crew. Dixie was a coal miner's daughter who knew her way around the kitchen. She's a musician who took a leave of absence in order to pursue her music career. Her and I got along well, and I hope she'll be back some day. "Blue" as we call him is some crazy government top secret robot who has slowly learning about the world through experience instead of textbooks. His real name is D.A.V.I.D., but I think we should rename him Decimator. Val...Valtha'sh...Brisbane is a Naga and former bounty hunter. He use to be a soldier on Phaya until his snake den was ransacked. He's a tough cookie. Then there is Sal, a kid we found while hunting down some pirates. He was a computer tech for his family's messenger service before they were all slaughtered. I feel bad for the little guy and hope we can find him a good home. Until then though, it's been nice having the spud around.

Anyhow, I guess what I'm getting at while rambling on about nothing is that I finally feel part of something. Yeah, I've been shot by molecular disrupting plasma bolts and almost eaten by sinister tentacle aliens, but hey, it comes with the territory. What really matters is that I've finally found my place in life. It's not just my career, but my psuedo-family. And let me tell you, for as many amazing places that I've visited in the galaxy so far, that's something that is very hard to come by. Even I know that.

>>>>Spencer's Log, Over and Out
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spencer "Spence" Belcathias (Deceased)   Spencer "Spence" Belcathias (Deceased) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 10:05 am

Spencer, March 30th, 2525
Spencer "Spence" Belcathias (Deceased) SpencerTest_zps08d312e5
Spencer, one of the original deputies of the Steel Witch, has continued to be an important part of the crew, offering his skills as a medic, technician, and soldier. Since joining the crew, he's begun moving forward in order to earn his Terran medical license. He's continued to work on his social awkwardness, using every ounce of energy in his body to not blurt out any abstract thought that comes to mind. He's had numerous close calls, and has begun using some of the ship's training resources in order to hone what combat skills he learned in T.A.F. basic training. When not actively working on his medical degree or practicing with a plasma pistol, Spencer can be found writing plots for his made up hero, "Cobo", a heavy metal super hero.

Major Accomplishments: Assisting in the warrants of Alvaro Tavares, Tartok “The Crusher” Deniigi, Regina Carver, and Captain Bothvar Haklang

Misdeeds/Errors: Spencer has had some personal temptations of his own, including a scheme that involved stealing a confiscated computer virus from the armory in order to score points with Prometheus celebrity, Sophie Katz (though 1st mate Peyton was able to talk him out of it).

Current Plot: Spencer continues to work on his medical degree while remaining a loyal deputy to the Marshal. Spencer has never had any real family besides his sickly mother, and treats the team as if they are his adopted siblings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spencer "Spence" Belcathias (Deceased)   Spencer "Spence" Belcathias (Deceased) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spencer "Spence" Belcathias (Deceased)
Page 1 of 1